The Moreton Bay Regional Council has advised that they have received an update from Stockland’s Contractor regarding the installation of the new ‘Port Entry Light’ (PEL), in place of the current front and rear lead navigation light configuration at the Newport entrance channel (Albatross Canal).
Stockland’s Contractor advises of the following key dates for installation and commissioning of the PEL:
- 14th July 2021 Mobilisation and establishment on site
- 16th July 2021 Monopole Installation
- 19th July 2021 Platform Installation and electrical equipment installation
- 21th July 2021 Test and Commission PEL
- 22th July 2021 MSQ approval
- 23rd July 2021 Decommission and remove front lead structure
(Note: it is intended that the existing Rear Light will not be decommissioned until we have confirmation from MSQ regarding satisfactory commissioning of the PEL).
Please also note that testing and commissioning of the PEL will be subject to approval by MSQ (Maritime Safety Qld).
MSQ has published an interim Notice to Mariners on their website to advise of the switch from Front/Rear lights to the PEL arrangement.
CLICK HERE for the link. When you go to the webpage, you will need to click on the ‘Download’ button at the top right of the screen to get the actual Notice details.
We will keep NWPOA members informed if we hear of any changes to the Contractor’s current program of work.